Sunday, March 28, 2010

March 28, 2010 - Nine of Wands

So today I asked: "What is the most important thing I need to know to make my move to Santa Barbara a reality in the next two years?" The Nine of Wands showed up. Maybe it's projection, but the man in the card looks weary and wary. He's had quite a struggle and is anticipating the possibility of more. Yikes! Looks like getting to Santa Barbara is going to take some work.

When the Nine of Wands shows up you may need to defend yourself. Feeling wary and guarded is the name of the game, better safe than sorry. It is also a card of persevering. Not sure how he got those other eight wands but it looks as if he had to battle for every single one of them. He refused to take "no" for an answer. He held on to his resolve and saw things through to the end. This may be the real message of the card. If I want to get to Santa Barbara I'm going to have to stay resolved and make it happen. It won't be easy, but then what is?

Finally, the card is about showing stamina. In fact, strength is probably the primary message of this card. The card tells you to keep on going; don't give up. Within are the hidden reserves needed to prevail. I think I can do this. I think I can be brave enough to leap into the unknown. The Nine of Wands tells me that if I want to achieve my goal, I'm going to have to be brave enough.

In the Jane Austen Tarot, this card depicts Frederica Vernon, the daughter of Lady Susan, kneeling in a darkened hall, holding a candle in one hand and pushing beneath a door, a letter addressed to Mr. Reginald de Courcy, the man she is hoping will save her from her mother's cruel designs.  This is the one Jane Austen novel, Lady Susan, I have not read.  I did try, but found it a bit more sensational than the controlled and contained Austen I love.  Still, the story suits the Nine of Wands.  Frederica is shy and frightened of her mother, but frightened of a loveless marriage more.  She turns to the one man who can help her.  It takes a tremendous amount of bravery to go against her mother, but the risk is well worth it.  Frederica finds love through this great risk.

What Would Jane Do?
"It is said the Fortune favors the brave.  I suspect that bravery is not the only attribute favored by Fortune, but this does not mean bravery goes unrewarded.  We sometimes view courage as something practiced only on the battlefield, but we have the potential to display it daily in our lives.  These occurances take place not when we are convinced of defeat - and yet act as if victory is assured." p. 69

No comments:

Post a Comment