Saturday, March 13, 2010

March 13, 2010 - Eight of Pentacles

The Eight of Pentacles is the craftsman's card. It speaks of diligence and focus, hard work and attention to detail. It's time to hammer away at what needs to be done. This is not a card of blessings falling into your lap. It's a card of blessings earned through hard work. This is actually a good time for this card. I have ideas, directions, and now comes the hard work which is what this card is all about.

In the Jane Austen Tarot, this card depicts the many strengths/attributes of Anne Elliot, the heroine of Persuasion. Of all of Austen's heroines, Anne embodies best the traditional qualities of the Eight of Coins (pentacles) -- intelligence, practicality, mastery, capability, skill, and productivity. It could be that I have achieved this level of mastery in my life. It could also mean that I am ready for the next level. This is how the card feels to me. Time to push myself, to stretch, to achieve the next level in my art and my life. Yes it's going to take hard work, but I've never been afraid of hard work. Yes it's going to ask me to risk myself, but when have I been afraid to risk that much for the things I believe in?

So, to work it is. I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment