Tuesday, February 9, 2010

February 8, 2010 - The Page of Cups

Another visitation by the Page of Cups - the dreamer, the Romantic, the fragile one, easily hurt. When I ask about the health and happiness of my heart, this card comes often, reminding me to walk in balance, something the hopeful page finds difficult to do.

In the Jane Austen Tarot, the Page of Cups is the Maiden of Teacups. She is represented by Marianne Dashwood of Sense and Sensibility. Marianne is Sensibility, the one who lives for love, embraces life and love passionately, flies high and falls low, nearly dying when she is spurned by the man she loves and whom she believed loved her, did love her, but not more than he loved comfort and money. I know Marianne. I was Marianne, have been, maybe still am. It's my challenge, it seems, to keep some of the Maiden's hopefulness, but never abandon myself completely to her lest I risk again a broken heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment