Wednesday, February 3, 2010

February 3, 2010 - Queen of Wands

When the queens show up in a reading, they combine the positive aspects of the element they represent (in the case of wands, the element of fire) with an inward focus, mastery. They are the embodiment of the best of that suit. They do not waffle between extremes as the Knights do. They are not idealists as the Pages are, hopeful and open-hearted, trying but not yet succeeding. When the Queen comes up, the card is either asking you to embody the qualities of the suit or suggests that you may meet someone who does. Since I believe we are always working on wholeness, I prefer the first interpretation, that no matter how difficult, we can and should embody good quality of the suit, become "queens."

The Queen of Wands is a vital, can do woman. She is attractive, warm and outgoing. She is wholehearted (my goal since the bypass surgery), energetic, sincere, and doesn't hold anything back. She is energetic, cheerful and self-assured, all qualities I can manage now and again but definitely harder the last few years. And yet I want to be these things. I want to believe in myself, my gifts, and especially my beauty.

In the Jane Austen Tarot, the Queen of Wands (Lady of Candlesticks) is depicted by Elizabeth Bennett of Pride and Prejudice. Elizabeth starts the book as Maiden/Page energy, full of potential but not yet deepened. By the end, she is a woman of wit and wisdom and deep humanity. She is vital and vivacious, truthful but never intentionally cruel. She is deeply loyal friend and sister and will be a loyal and loving wife as well. If I had to pick my heroine, Lizzie would be the one (although, that said, Anne Elliott seems more like me these days, sadder but wiser and yet oddly still hopeful).

What Would Jane Do?
"While circumspection is ofttimes the wisest approach, if you have researched the facts thoroughly, speak and act with confidence. Candid and open ways delight all worthwhile candidates for your attention and affection. Observant,witty, and brave women are rare and valued. Openness is an essential quality of your vitality."

No comments:

Post a Comment