Saturday, May 8, 2010

May 8, 2010 - Two of Pentacles

The Two of Pentacles is a card about keeping everything in balance, being flexible, and having fun.  It's an odd card to get given where I find myself.  It's a practical card, the way pentacles often are.  Maybe at the core of my worries is how I'm going to manage with being with my dad during his surgeries and treatment and taking care of family, not to mention work.  It's hard to imagine, but maybe.

On the plus side, it does say things will move forward smoothly and that I will be able to cope with the demands.  It also suggests that I can handle challenges, adapt quickly, and remain open to developments.  And although it doesn't say how things will go, it does suggest I'm strong enough to handle it.

The last part, having fun, is harder to figure.  I guess I'll have to wait and see how it all plays out.

The Jane Austen Tarot, puts a slightly different spin on the card.  The Two of Coins depicts John Wiloughby conversing with his bride-to-be.  Marianne Dashwood sees him and understands at that moment, why he has not written her or tried to see her in London.  John Wiloughby courted Marianne.  She came to think he would ask her to marry him.  In fact, most of the neighborhood believed the same.  Now she realizes he will not ask her to marry him.  She understands that she has fallen in love with a man who was not true.  Marianne is the Maiden of Cups.  Emotionally, she gives all, to love, and ultimately to grief.  She does not know balance and nearly kills herself for sorrow.

The Two of Coins urges us to remain balanced, even when things are hard.  It reminds us that this too shall pass.  Though for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction, we can maintain our equilibrium.

Not sure what it all means.  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment