Friday, May 14, 2010

May 14, 2010 - Justice

When times are bad, you know who your real friends are, who you can count on and call on, even if you don't.  Sometimes they surprise you, for better and for worse.  This has been a time of discovery.  My worst fears about some people have been realized, and my best hopes have been realized too.

The Justice card certainly fits all this evaluating, gathering facts, coming to an informed decision.  It's a fair card, but that doesn't mean it's always pretty.  I remember reading something in David Richo wrote in The Five Things We Cannot Change: And the Happiness We Find by Embracing Them.  I'm going to paraphrase it because I have to get to work but in essence: In a just world we get what we deserve; in a merciful world, we don't get what we deserve.  And because in a world of Grace, we really don't get what we deserve.  Grace tips the scales in our favor.  Grace knows all the ways we don't live up to what we could be and still blesses us for trying.  Justice wants that eye for an eye.  Grace turns the other cheek and still has a heart full of love for you.

The Justice card is about respecting justice, insisting on fairness, acting ethically.  You commit to honesty.  I say I'm honest and mostly I am but there are some places in my life where I have chosen the easy way, the white lie, even with myself, especially with myself.  The Justice card is about this too, about assuming responsibility, settling old accounts and debts, acknowledging the truth, and then doing what has to be done.  I think I get it at last.

When Justice shows up in a reading, it could mean you're preparing for a decision.  You're weighing all sides, determining right action, choosing with full awareness.  You are setting a course for the future.  I will tell you, realizing how short a time there really is, I want that course to be true and right for me.   Justice also asks us to understand the laws of cause and effect.  It asks you to accept the results you created, to see how you chose your situation, recognize the action of karma.  You understand at last that get a different result takes more than hope.  It requires us to understand our role in things and not just to know we have to do things differently to get different results, but to actually change ourselves.  This is where I am.  It isn't enough to love.  This is a tough realization because I always believed it was.

Another major arcana card so more transformation.  No surprise there.  I feel bruised and soft and ready for life and love and heart to mold me into the woman I want to be, hope to be, these later year of my life.  It's going to be a long, tough road.  As for how I do well, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment