Thursday, May 6, 2010

May 6, 2010 - The Tower

Again and again, when I ask about happiness, come reminders of change and endings.  It seems I must come to know the inexorability of change in my very bones, in the song of my blood, to great with yes what seems bad and what seems good.
So says the Tower when it comes up in a reading.

The Tower speaks of sudden change, happy surprises but more often it seems, startling ones, the ones we would avoid if we could, except we can't.  We can stay in bed and pull the covers over our head and still Fate will find us, for good or ill.  I think I have this and yet I know in my heart, I don't.  Not yet.  And until I do, change will come like lightning and fire and my tower will have to be destroyed in order for me to move on.

The Tower is also about releasing, not just explosive anger but emotions too.  It speaks of a time to let life break through our pretenses and ego defenses.  It urges us to let go, let go, all wishes and hopes and fears.  Let go.  Keep that grasp on things loose and easy, lest they be violently yanked from your clutching fingers.

The Tower is also about falling down, being humbled, toppling from the heights (oh, I have ben there, still falling it seems some days), suffering a blow.  Yet it can also herald a revelation.  You suddenly can realize the truth, have a burst of insight, get answers at last, see everything, in a flash.  The Tower is a measure of how we handle change.  If we flow with it, it does not bring total destruction.  If we resist change, then change comes explosively, with devastation.

No comments:

Post a Comment