Monday, May 10, 2010

May 10, 2010 - Seven of Cups

This one stumps me.  Oh wait, look around the house.  Hmmmm.  Pretty messy.  Piles.  I'll get to it when school is out, when my dad is settled, when ....  Joan Bunning says that when this card comes up, you need to look carefully at your situation and surroundings.  Are you too ordered, too controlled, too rigid?  Or perhaps your situation is too chaotic, too messy?  One way, you may need to loosen up.  The other way, you may need to run a tighter ship.  I know right now I need to get organized.  I don't have the luxury of weeks.  If my dad is as sick as it seems he might be, I don't have much time.  I need to get busy and get organized, stat.

This is a card of wishful thinking.  In the Jane Austen Tarot, this card is depicted by Harriet Smith of Emma (Modern Library Classics).  Harriet falls in love easily, too easily, and she is easily directed.  Emma Woodhouse is clever and extremely willing to direct her impressionable friend.

Wishful thinking is an interesting aspect of this card, although I'm not sure what I'm wishing for.  That it's all a mistake?  That my dad will be fine?  That I will find my way to happy?  That happy is even possible?  I'm the Queen of Wishful Thinking, hoping and dreading all.  Only I'm not sure I'm wishing much, these days.  It's enough just to get by, to get one more day.

Another puzzle to ponder on this Tarot Journey.  Not sure how it will turn out, but I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment