Saturday, May 15, 2010

May 15, 2010 - Two of Wands

Today I asked about a friend, who was once more, and I think now may be much less.  This is the card that came up.  I can't recall getting this card in ages, if ever.  It's an interesting card about personal power, boldness, and originality.  I feel more victim lately, but maybe that's changing, or maybe it was never true, just a belief, as erroneous as so many others I hold until I can no longer hold them.  I once read chemical entropy described as the desire to hold as well as the desire to be held.  I know that's not the traditional view of entropy, but I've always leaned toward the chemical view of things.  It strikes me that maybe there is an entropy of belief.  Maybe we hold on to them and they onto us until one or the other lets go.  I believed someone a different man than he has turned out to be.  Do I blame him or is it just as much me, for casting him in a role and believing it him, confusing character with the actor.

But I digress.  Back to the Two of Wands.  This is a card that glorifies personal power.  It's the power of the Magician, brought to earth and manifested through earthly bodies.  When this card comes up you or someone else has the power and the other person, you or the other, want it.  The Two of Wands indicates that whatever the situation, power is a major issue.  Look carefully.  If you have the power, use it wisely.  If someone else has it, don't support him or her unless worthy.

The card can also being urging you to be bold.  Dare to do what you want, confront the situation head-on, face your fear, carpe diem.  It may also be asking you to show originality, do what no one else has done.  It's okay to be a pioneer; it's okay to march to a different drummer.  This card is telling you the time is right for a bold, creative move.  Well actually, this card is telling me.  It is my reading after all.

So what does it mean?  Maybe I have more power than I think in this particular situation, but I need to use it wisely.  It would be too easy to exact a kind of revenge and I don't want to be that person.  But I do want him to know that he hurt me.  And then, I think, I want to be done.  I'm not sure friendship should be this much work.  Wonder what tomorrow will bring, Tarot-wise, but I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment