Monday, April 26, 2010

April 26, 2010 - Justice

When a Major Arcana card shows up in a reading, big things are afoot, important things, major decisions.  So when Justice showed up today, I had to pay attention.  What did this card have to tell me?  How could it lead me to my happiness?

The Justice card, as might be expected, deals with justice, responsibilities, decisions, and cause and effect.  I'm not so sure about the justice part of it, but assuming responsibility, preparing for a decision, and accepting the results created do strike a chord in me.  I have made some choices I'm not particularly proud of and it is more than time to settle those old accounts and clean the slate.  I do have some important decisions to make, life changing decisions, and it's time to make them.  I've settled into the idea that I might actually have a future which means, I best set a course for what I envision.  And of course, there's karma, always karma.

In the Jane Austen Tarot, the Justice card depicts Elizabeth Bennett and Fitzwilliam Darcy of Jane Austen's novel, Pride and Prejudice.  Between them is the letter Darcy wrote after Elizabeth refused his proposal.  It is the point when both characters take a long, clear look at themselves and realize how pride and prejudice has affected his and her understanding and actions.

What Would Jane Do?
"It is easy to take pride in our own discernment when we are so very rarely wrong.  Even the most observant of us, however, can err when our hearts - and vanity -- are involved.  Yet that is precisely the time when we most need all our wits about us -- and when we need to be our most careful that our vision is not blinded by pride or prejudice.

Strong emotional displays may make for entertaining scenes.  However, the truest and best hearts are not found clamoring in a parade of red velvet, but are frequently hidden beneath suits of a more sober color.  Hence, you may need to look a little wider and deeper before making a choice that could have lingering effects."

No comments:

Post a Comment