Thursday, April 22, 2010

April 22, 2010 - Knight of Swords

Today the Knight of Swords showed up again.  It's hard to interpret him after Death made its appearance yesterday.  Swords belong to the suit of Air, my native suit.  And Knight energy always walks the fine line.  So easily he can slip into extremes.  The Knight of Swords can be direct or blunt, authoritative or overbearing, incisive or cutting, knowledgeable or opinionated, logical or unfeeling.  It isn't the rush that gets him in trouble, it's his own intense nature - young and raw and so capable of extremes, so damn sure of himself and what he believes.

Was I the knight those years not so long ago that I nearly grieved myself to death?  Am I still that Knight?  Would I be if I found myself in that same place again?  Just as I need to work on endings and transitions, maybe too I need to work on my own extremes.  The cards keep calling me to be Queen and King, to integrate attributes and express them in the world.  Maybe the Knight is my warning to avoid the edges, the places that are too dangerous for me to travel.

I don't know what else to do with this Knight when he shows up.    If I have any inspirations as to who he is and what he has to say to me, I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment