Saturday, November 27, 2010

November 26, 2010 - The Lady of Coins (Queen of Pentacles)

Another court card; so what else is new. When court cards appear certain character traits are highlighted. In the case of the Queen of Pentacles you are talking about someone who is down-to-earth, nurturing, bighearted, resourceful and trustworthy.  Are these me?  Or are these qualities I need to embody?  Perhaps this is the atmosphere I need to create?  Or maybe this is someone in my life.  The court cards are funny that way.  People wrestle with them, trying to figure them out.  At least I wrestle with them, trying to figure them out.

Since my time at Pacifica, I see them more as examples of Jung's typology.  Jung believed that as we individuate we become more and more able to embody typological aspects that are not our more natural fits.  Introverts become more extroverted, feelers can access their thinking function.

So what about Queen of Pentacles?  She came on a family day when I was making a home Thanksgiving.  It was a typical day with good and bad, highs and lows, ease and worry.  My dog had eaten something bad and ended up sick.  I could have over-reacted but remained calm and competent, caring but not crazed.   The Queen of Pentacles is the kind of woman you want around when you are in trouble, hurt, fearful, worried.  I hope I'm that kind of woman too, when I need to be.   I think was the day this card arrived, meaning I was as I needed to be, but larger lessons?  I'm just not sure.  I guess I'll keep drawing cards and maybe someday the court cards will make sense to me.  Until then, it's time to get the stock started, check on the dog, and try out that recipe with my daughter.  I think that's what the Queen of Pentacles would do at any rate

No comments:

Post a Comment