Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November 24, 2010 - The Lord of Candlesticks (King of Wands)

The court cards of each suit in the Tarot reflect mastery of the attributes of the suit, from the idealized optimism of the page to the mastery and expression of the king.  Wands represent the element of fire.  It is a suit of creativity, self- expression, entrepreneurship, and originality.  When the King arrives in a reading, fire of fire, get ready.  Here is someone who is honest, forthright, knows what he wants, and reaches out to make it happen.  He is bold, daring, and confident.  He has the courage of his convictions and always believes in himself.

So what does the King of Wands mean for me today?  My question was not really a question, asked but not really asked after receiving an email from someone who has meant the world to me, perhaps still does, and has hurt my heart more often than I can count.  It was a nice enough email, one that a even a year ago, might have made me happy, hopeful, but now brings a shrug and a wondering, 'so.'  I can tell you I don't feel one bit like the King of Wands.  There's no way I'm the center of attention, forceful in the pursuit of my goals, confident, a natural leader, bold and daring.  Creative, sure, but the rest?  The email reminds me of all I'm not, and then the King of Wands arrives to encourage me to be creative, inspiring, forceful, charismatic and bold.  Can I be the King of Wands?  Looks like I'm going to have to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment