Friday, January 21, 2011

January 20, 2011 - The Six of Wands

The Six of Wands is a card of triumph, acclaim, and pride.  It is the minor arcana counterpart of the Chariot.  When this card shows up in a reading, you have been working hard toward a goal and success is within reach.  The thing is, I asked my usual question, "What do I need to know today, that will help me move along my path toward my higher good?"  Of course there's always a subtext, even to these general questions.  There are yearnings and hopes, joys and sorrows, regrets, all of us have a few.  So how to tease out what is the battle, what is the victory?  I should be celebrating, but why?  And maybe it doesn't matter, the what and the why, but knowing that there is struggle and success, that the wheel turns and turns and turns.

Sometimes in Tarot the answers are unclear.  Usually that is because the question is unclear although I think there is something in Tarot like there is in the Runes, the blank Rune that says it's in hands of the gods and only they can know for now.  It is a fated point.  Maybe this is where I am, or maybe I do know. Or maybe it is all just wishful thinking.

If you're confused about a card, you can restate your question, or clarify it, and then choose another card.  This I did and received the Lovers.  The Lovers is a card about relationships.  It is also a card of choices.  I think I know what the battle is, but I still don't know what success and triumph means.  I have hopes, sure, but they're just future and fantasy.  Since my heart surgery, I'm a lot more present tense, more content to let triumph unfold, to see the future unfold, not to project my desires.

Tarot can give clear enough answers, in the beginning.  As you work with it longer, the answers grow deeper, more multi-faceted.  I think for me, I've been working with it long enough that we've become old friends in a deep conversation.  Which means I'm going to wait and see what comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment