Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Tuesday, March 1, 2011 - The Ten of Cups

Today I got a "precautionary" pink slip.  I knew it was coming but that didn't make it easier when it came.  And I found myself near tears again and again, not because I don't think I'll find some work, but because the last few years have been hard and I wanted work, at least not to be.  That said, I will confess I continue to have difficulty with change.  Even knowing change is inevitable, irrevocable, doesn't make me hold on to things I want any less tightly.  You'd think I'd have gotten used to keeping a loose grasp; you'd think I'd be prepared to have things ripped from my hand for no better reason than because.  Alas, no.  I hold to friends, love, and apparently to work long past done.

So I turned to the cards when I had a bit of distance and perspective and this is what I drew - the ten of cups.  When this card shows up in a reading, it often signals a time of abundant blessings.  It tells you to reach for the blessings you deserve and they will come to you.  This is a card of peace, joy, and family.  All in all, not a bad card but a reminder, I think, of what is important.  The job is good; I like it, and it helps give us what we need as a family but it's not the most important.  That was the thing, sitting problem solving at home this afternoon; it all boiled down to we will make it work, regardless.

The ten of cups reminds us that joy is our birthright.  It was a good reminder on a day like today.

No comments:

Post a Comment